Staying in Orlando...close diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

general

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to be staying in Orlando on Saturday night and I have all Sunday free. I figured I might try to get some diving in. I have my open water, advanced (the certification, I don't pretend to be an advanced diver) and my nitrox cert. My diving experience has been my certification in Seattle and a 4 day experience on a liveaboard on the great barrier reef.

Can someone recommend diving appropriate to my level close to Orlando. I realize it isn't on the coast, but I can rent a car. What are some cool things to see nearby? Any sharks? Also, are there any night dives going on on Saturdays?

Thanks in advance for your help.

There are plenty of fresh water springs aroung the area too. Those can make a very nice dive. Try Blue Springs in Orange City. You'll like it!

hello hello!

we get this question a lot and always try to help! watch this forum:
ORLANDO UNTIED Divers - The Thread..part 1
as there may be some of us heading over to the east coast to dive...

if you don't find anyone on here, i'd suggest renting a car and heading straight to jupiter or north palm beach to get in the ocean...its about 2- 2 1/2hrs and definitely worth the trip - I do day trips all the time and will be happy to suggest a few dive ops!

Tampa is also just over 90 mins in the other direction and there are quite a few active divers over there.

additionally we have the springs...turtles and rocks if the ocean isn't cooperating...but at least you're underwater!

welcome to orlando! definitely let us know how we can help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom