Looking for recomendations for a dive op in the keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajames54

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've got a week to kill in mid Aug and have never been to the keys I'm pretty flexible but there are a couple points I'm interested in..

I want to spend as much of my week as possible under water, four dives a day would be perfect .. as long as I can work a night dive or two in to the mix..

They must offer nitrox, I would rather drop to ninety and spend lots of time on the way up than drop to 110 and spend under 10 minutes on a wreck (actually if they were sunk on purpose I don't care about wrecks at all).

I would like to be able to dive my air/computer/tables rather than the DMs watch.

Prefer a smaller boat (6-10) and hate cattle boats (16+)

Is there something like what I am looking for in the keys or do I need to pay up and go back to Grand Cayman?

Any help is appreciated..

We were in the Keys last week and had some great dives with Cristal Clear Charters. May want to look them up.

ajames

There are plenty of posts about the different dive operators in the Key Largo area. I would suggest you do a search, check out web sites, make phone calls and then pick an operator that matches your personality and pocket book!

Pat

Quiescence runs some nice 6 packs.

Cheers.

-J.-

If you are not wanting to do wrecks, there are not many deep reef dives that are done on a regular basis. Carysfort is one that is 60 ft.(wall) or so but Silent World is one of the few operators that will go to it. There is also an area out from the Benwood wreck that may be a little deeper (but we have not had a chance to venture over to it yet)

Give the guys at Silent World a call and let them know what you are looking for. They have a great price for a 5+trip deal and can helpyou find lodging if needed. They are a great group.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom