problem putting on the seacure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sepandee

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought the seacure mouthpiece, type I. I tried putting it on today, so did my instructor, so did the owner of the dive shop, so did the technician. It wouldn't fit. The opening of the mouthpiece is too small, and while it looks like it might fit, well, it doesn't. Any suggestions/ideas?

Have they treid warming it up before installing it on the reg. A hair dryer should be enough to give the material a little bit extra resilence.

Why not give the orifice a measure. They say "most" early Sherwoods on the site (implying not all). From the seacure site:

"Standard Lip – (1-1/4" x _") takes a SeaCure I
Oversize Lip – (1-7/16 x 7/8") takes a SeaCure II"

I found on the one I bought, that you had to run it under hot water for awhile to get it hot and then start at one end and with a butter knife you can ease it over the lip. After all that work I found I didn't like it...

I found on my ScubaPro regs that the recommended size didn't fit right.

I split a perfectly good one and ruined it insisting I had ordered the right size!

I then measured the opening and reordered accordingly.

After trimming the tips, I have absolutley loved it!

I got a small pan of water hot on the stove and dipped it in there for a few seconds. I personally would not recomment any knife or any other object other than fingers. Just dip the mouth piece in the hot water for a while....like 10 seconds ....and give it a try. If you need to re dip...do so. I didnt find the water out of the tap to be hot enough.

good luck

Yep. Rich is correct. After dipping it and putting your bite impression into it, the water should still be hot enough. Dip the regulator side of it briefly -- just enough to soften it up and allow it to slip onto the regulator. Then zip-tie it and you're done. :thumb: (Of course, be sure that the one you've purchased is the correct one for your reg!)

(Some "technician," huh?) LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom