May 19th Anna Maria Island Shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All divers welcome ... bring your tank and let's go play 9 am
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190748&page=6
Take I-75 south to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercoastal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park.
Kim P

Dang girl. U r on top of things. I was going to post this so's it didn't get missed. Anwho, this is going to be fun! Since John and I can't make it, please post pics! :D

What is that dive site like? Is there a barge or some type of structure there?

Ed Jackson1:
What is that dive site like? Is there a barge or some type of structure there?

Per Git-R-Dun Diver:

...Spanish Rocks. It's at the north end of Anna Maria Island. Easy beach access. Two sets of rocks. The first one is at 75 yards out and the second is at 125 yards out. The rocks stand about 5 feet off the sandy bottom. There was quite a bit of life around it last time I was there. That is where I got to swim with a large sea turtle. There is coral and other life there as well. It's not the prettiest but it is there to checkout. Max depth is only about 22 feet so you can stay down for a long time. It is a really enjoyable dive. Definately good for getting some of these newer divers more comfortable in the water. In my humble opinion anyway

Well everyone. Things have changed. On the good side the wife is coming with me to do the dive( that rocks ). The bad news is that I have to bail out early. I had a family thing pop up for in the afternoon so I will only be able to do one tank and I will have to skip lunch. I will give everyone directions to the pizza place and hopefully everyone will go and have a good time at lunch without me. I am looking forward to meeting everyone in the morning for the dive:wink::wink::wink:

git-r-dun diver:
I am looking forward to meeting everyone in the morning for the dive:wink::wink::wink:
Not a problem I am only bringing one tank .... 1 or 1.5 hours is about all I need :wink:
We may hang out on the beach for a while .. Tammy is bringing her Family (non-divers) as well ... so not sure on the restraunt thing either :huh:

Kim P

Thanks MissD :D

Divergirl4u:
Not a problem I am only bringing one tank .... 1 or 1.5 hours is about all I need :wink:
We may hang out on the beach for a while .. Tammy is bringing her Family (non-divers) as well ... so not sure on the restraunt thing either :huh:

Kim P

Thanks MissD :D

Cool. Glad I'm not messing up your groove. :D :D

I read that there is another shore dive in the Bradenton area that has a barge. I think it's listed in Ned Deloaches underwater Florida book. Does anyone know how to get to it? That might be fun to do in the afternoon.

I'm gonna have to pass this weekend...I have family coming to visit from Texas (if they can get past all the fires and smoke). I have a group of people that are planning to do "Spanish Rocks" and "Sugar Barge" on the 26th if anyone is interested in a repeat weekend. PM me if interested.

Mike

MoteMan:
I'm gonna have to pass this weekend...I have family coming to visit from Texas (if they can get past all the fires and smoke). I have a group of people that are planning to do "Spanish Rocks" and "Sugar Barge" on the 26th if anyone is interested in a repeat weekend. PM me if interested.

Mike
How do you get to the sugar barge? I would like to do that one too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom