West Palm Beach charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations for a charter in the West Palm Beach area with a jr. open water diver? This will be my son's first ocean dive, so I want to make it a great trip!

Ed Jewell:
Diving Solutions specializes in catering to the beginner diver. Our shop in Melbourne, FL used them for all our open water training. We always had excellent service.

http://www.divingsolutions.com

Ed's absolutely right...Diving Solutions definitely caters to beginners...

But Captain Bill - Walker's Dive Charter's/The Wetter the Better also pretty much devotes Sundays to students/shallow reefs - and his boat tends to be much more fun!

www.walkersdivecharters.com

dl. :)

I think Sandy at Ocean Quest would be best for a beginner. My uncle who was already certified came down to visit from Tennessee and was uncomfortable in the water. He could not get his bouyancy right so Sandy took him to a shallow area and gave him a refresher class for free. She is one of the most popular instructors in South Florida.

Ed Jewell:
Diving Solutions specializes in catering to the beginner diver. Our shop in Melbourne, FL used them for all our open water training. We always had excellent service.

http://www.divingsolutions.com

If Doug still owns Diving Solutions, then I completely agree. The WPB marina was my old stomping grounds as an Instructor and DM. I've worked many long days out there and know everyone (that was there, not sure who still is). All the boats that have been mentioned are excellent choices (*bows her head for a moment of silience out of respect for her favorite sunken vessel, Rampage...sigh*).

Pura Vida Divers is also excellent. Small group, amazing Captain with excellent drop and a kick butt staff..

Someone also recommended The Scuba Club of Palm Beach. Any opinions on them?
Thanks.

scuba club:
They only do one dive per trip, but they have a nice facility and a big comfortable boat. Most all the dive sites are 60 feet, so you need to make sure that the iteneray is appropriate when booking any trip.

You should also check out diving under the Blue Heron Bridge at high tide. It is free and shallow and often clear (25-50 ft vis) and is located 1000 feet from a dive shop and within a few miles of all the boats. It is an excellent place to get the kid wet and tuned up in 15 feet before heading out for a drift dive.

dumpsterDiver:
You should also check out diving under the Blue Heron Bridge at high tide. It is free and shallow and often clear (25-50 ft vis) and is located 1000 feet from a dive shop and within a few miles of all the boats. It is an excellent place to get the kid wet and tuned up in 15 feet before heading out for a drift dive.
Some of my best dives have been under that bridge... My daughters (10 & 15) love that site and all the cool stuff that seems to appear for their viewing pleasure...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom