Warmer water diving // Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi - can anyone recommend suits for warmer water diving? Mediterranean waters...

Seems like 3mm 1 piece...

Is there a recommendation on short vs. long suits?

Thanks for your help in advance!

when in the tropics i wear a aeroskin p2 suit

ive had the same suit now for almost 10years and its still got many more years to go.

its thin enough not to get cold while diving, thick enough not to get cold when out on the boat (the wind cuts thru the lycra suits) and the inside fabric helps wicks away the water from your skin

i like the full lenght just in case there are any stingers about

highly recommend them

cheers

When I started SCUBA diving in '95, I got a 3mm shorty, I was cold all the time and from my knees down got all kind of stings and scrapes, same for my arms from my elbow down.
I got a full body 3mm in '96 and since then, no problems at all, no scrapes or stings and a lot warmer during the dives.

In '96 I got a used Bare 3mm full body that still works, but last yr, I got a new Bare 3mm full body from scuba toys just 'cause the old one was faded and compressed. The new one is looking good, and works great, just like the old one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom