Please help, problem doning on the transpac in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smellybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently taking a caven and sinkhole course and today at the pool we have to don off and on our BCD to simulate towing down/up dive gear and wear them in the water.

I'm using transpac with rec wing and transpac 32 weight pouch with 3.5 kg in each pocket. Here is the problem, after doning off my gear (with ease). I have problem getting the transpac to behave the way i wanted. The transpac keep turning down (the tank is facing upward) with the wings inflated ( @ 70%) due to the weight in the weight pouch, leading to a very difficult position for me the wear the gear in the water.

When i switch to a weight belt, i can flip the transpac with the tank facing downward and sit on the transpac and slide my arms in with ease to wear the gear.

Please advise.... i wan to continue using the weight pouch.

smellybear:
Hi,

I'm currently taking a caven and sinkhole course and today at the pool we have to don off and on our BCD to simulate towing down/up dive gear and wear them in the water.

I'm using transpac with rec wing and transpac 32 weight pouch with 3.5 kg in each pocket. Here is the problem, after doning off my gear (with ease). I have problem getting the transpac to behave the way i wanted. The transpac keep turning down (the tank is facing upward) with the wings inflated ( @ 70%) due to the weight in the weight pouch, leading to a very difficult position for me the wear the gear in the water.

When i switch to a weight belt, i can flip the transpac with the tank facing downward and sit on the transpac and slide my arms in with ease to wear the gear.

Please advise.... i wan to continue using the weight pouch.

Bear. what position do you have your weight pouches, meaning do you have them in the middle, or more to the front or back?? Hope you understand my question. I have the exact same rig and I dont have this problem, but I have my pouches where they sit just a tad past my hips and more on my sides

The location of my weight pouch at the shoulder strap base metal plate. there are 3 loops on theweight pouch, one goes through the shoulder strap and another 2 goes to the shoulder strap base metal plate where the metal plate is between the loops.

smellybear:
The location of my weight pouch at the shoulder strap base metal plate. there are 3 loops on theweight pouch, one goes through the shoulder strap and another 2 goes to the shoulder strap base metal plate where the metal plate is between the loops.

Okay.... At first I was going huaaa.... So I went and looked at my rig, the Techy Instructor that set mine up moved my weight pouches to right back past my hips and locked them in place with the metal weight fasteners so that they cant move to the front or rear and that way my rig stays centerd ,balenced, and so it is easy to make it float anyway I want either front or rear. Does that maybe give you any helpful Ideas at all??? Really trying to be helpful as mine is so well set up by him!!

thanks Jim..... maybe i position it wrong. Maybe a dive rite guru can guide me to a proper way of doing it..... one last thing, i using the old version of the trans weight 32.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom