Lauderdale by the Sea-Tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm at decision impasse! I'm bring my class down tomorrow for OW 1&2 from Cocoa Beach tomorrow. I prefer to do a pair beach dives but the forecast winds seem a bit iffy in the afternoon. On the way down we could do Phil Foster Park instead.

Lauderdale by the Seaer's what would you do for relatively sure thing? The students are young and pretty decent dives. I need to get them in the water tomorrow in prep for their boat dives on Sun with Parrot Island.
:confused:

I'm working on a kitchen pass to take my 13 yr old to BHB on Sunday...

Hey Al, what time you diving that bridge??

I don't think I'd try to do LBS tomorrow with 1&2 students. BHB can be tricky with the tides too, but if you stay on the south side of the island you can spend a fair amount of time in 6-8' water with a smattering of sunken boats left over from the hurricanes. Another alternative, though the notice may be too short, is Tigertail lake in Ft. Lauderdale. There's usually 10 or 12 foot viz there and a couple of nice big platforms and buoys to work with. You can find 30 feet in about a 5 minute swim from the platform. The facility is run by Broward community college, and they charge about 8 bucks a student to use it. The last alternative would be Jules Undersea lodge in Key Largo, which is about another hour and a half south of Ft. Lauderdale and about 30 bucks a student.

I heard that you have to be an instructer at Divers Direct to use TigerTail.

You can be a council member of GUE and use it too. I think any instructor who can show proof of insurance can though. I see them there quite a bit. Ithink PADI does thier IE's there too.

:l:
no thanks!

DebbyDiver:
Hey Al, what time you diving that bridge??

High tide is at 11:43. That means hit the water 11-11:15. I'm planning on getting there around 10:30.

I still don't have a kitchen pass, yet. I'm still working on it.

My plan is to get my 13 yr old to relax in the water in preparation for Invasion II. We'll probably stay real shallow and play around the pilings.

Have fun! Wish I could go, but have commitments.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom