Swimming Upside Down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan Starr

Contributor
Reaction score
How many fellow divers can swim upside down, facing the surface, for extended periods?

I noticed Warhammer mentioned this recently in a post, and it's something I've been practicing a bit on each dive, but still haven't mastered great buoyancy & depth control in this attitude.

My G250 breathes pretty hard when inverted, especially below 70' or so, but my new S600 is perfectly dry and requires just a bit more than normal effort.

It's a fun way to watch the waves and shallow fish & sometimes my wife snorkles when I dive, and I can check her out.

Aloha,

Jonathan

Interesting, I have been using a G200 for 13 years and have never had a problem with breathing while in any position, upsidedown, rightside up, on my back, whatever. I can swim facing the surface the entire dive if I wanted to. Not much chance in that, though I do swim that way to look back at the group if I am leading.

THE WARHAMMER MANUEVER!!!!!!!

Ha, Ha, Ha, detroit diver. I'm still waiting for someone to test the manuver and provide data, you care too? LOL!

Like i said in the other post, I can do it, but the Apeks reg can't, so i just tilt head to breathe. You must be careful not to bump your head on the reef!

Hate to do this to ya 'ol buddy... LOL!

Since the subject comes up so frequently and we have so many new family members, I think everyone should have the benefit of knowing exactly what the Warhammer Manuever is!

Remember to view the link at your own risk... and also remember to keep a towel suitable for wiping up vomit close by!

I think I'll pass on the test phase. But thanks for thinking of me anyway!

BTW, why can't the Apekx reg handle the Warhammer manuever??!! IMHO, I don't think it's a reg problem at all!

Thanks for sharing, Mario. It truly made my breakfast, half of which I just spilled on my keyboard I was laughing so hard.

I love folks who don't do things half way.

Mr. Warhammer, you are da kine. I appreciate your way of reducing nitrogen levels in the body.

Aloha,

Jonathan
(off to Olowalu for a Saturday beach dive with my buds)

in on me, you did. I go away for the weekend and this is what i get. hehe.

detriot diver....Ok, I'm having a hard time finding someone to do the testing. Can't imagine why.

Warhammer,

That was some serious relief!! I hope everything came out ok.

Mario, Moss Cove stunk this weekend. Vis below 10 surf up, played chicken with a rock in the surge, now I know what a bug feels like when it smashes into the windshield.

Socaldiver

Socaldiver, as a SoCal diver's we take the good with the bad heh!

Warhammer, don't mention it buddy... anytime! lol!

Back
Top Bottom