Pretty Fish or Cold Wrecks?

Do you prefer...

• pretty fish in warm water

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • cool wrecks in the Great Lakes (and Rivers)

Votes: 30 68.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, seeing as I'm a wreck junkie......
:wink:

I am partial to cool wrecks.. They are awesome.. Then again.. I've never tried the pretty fish thing yet.. That's happening in February.. I'm going on a Blackbeard cruise.. maybe that will change my mind.

I've allways been a warm-water diver, but since moving to the Midwest a few years ago, I've become hooked on Great Lakes wrecks.
Any contributions to the "Buy Ken a Drysuit" fund would be greatly appreciated. :cold:

wrecks are interesting but I much prefer seeing living animals. If the water is warm that's an added bonus!!

Where's the both or either button? Haven't been South to the warm waters yet, but I enjoy wrecks and I enjoy seeing fish. Did a dive last summer at Jackson's Point (South end of Lake Simcoe, ON) on an old marine railway. No depth (max 14 feet), but great dive. We were totally surrounded by small fish, both small & largemouth bass, perch, sunfish. Even ran accross a good size pike hiding at the edge of a patch of weed. Water was mid 70's and vis was excellent.
Sometimes you even get a wreck surrounded by fish, although the ones in the great lakes are not as colourful as the tropicals.

But....I'm buying my first drysuit after the first of the year! So with a little luck, and some training, I'll be lake diving here in Michigan during the summer. Would like to do some wreck diving, as there are plenty of them nearby, but first I'll make a trip to the Carib and do some wreck/reef diving off the islands there in January.

No one in their right mind prefers cold water!
The wrecks are here because of the cold water (slows decay process). I live here (Canada), and can't afford infinite trips to the warmer waters.

In a perfect world , I would live in tropical waters (like Truk Lagoon) where there are ample wrecks.

There would be no preference, warm waters, pretty fish, ample wrecks at my door step.

MikeD
:blfish:

Warm water????? Purty fishes???? Bah Humbug!!!! Give me a rusting chumk of steel, a pile of old lumber. I'll take a ship wreck in freezing cold and near zero visiibility any day of the week. Although, diving down south is so easy:)

ScubaQ

Back
Top Bottom