Monterey Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed the video, Thanks for sharing. I also was at Pt Lobos this afternoon, it was as nice as I've ever seen it.

Here's a few stills:

Take care,
John

Attachments

• Pt Lobos 1.jpg
    Pt Lobos 1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 73
  • pt lobos 2.jpg
    pt lobos 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 88
  • pt Lobos 3.jpg
    pt Lobos 3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 78
John, is that in Whaler's Cove?

AndrewJD and Jarhed: Thank you both for putting us in the kelp today. Over the years I've been diving @ Point Lobos many times. Your current video and stills captured the feeling and mood very well. Northern California diving at its best.

Today was was just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Was at Half Dome today and then went to Stillwater Cove. Visibility was at a stunning 50 feet to 60 feet today. Both dives I started with 3300 air and ended with 150 and lasted more then 50 minutes in both dives. Not to brag, but my buoyancy level is now excellent as I didn't even touch my inflator valve also. Stillwater Cove was like flying through a forest and I thought my soul escaped my body as I could see myself hovering in the middle of the forest. What was just very very very sad and terrible was my Reefmaster camera suffered a major leak last Sunday and flooded the outside compartment, but didn't get into the electronics. It was bad enough that the lense would fog up preventing me from taking any clear picture. And nobody on the boat is letting me borrow their camera, neither on Beach Hopper 2 or the Monterey Express. I've become "The Touch of Death" with electronic wares and you can verify my story by asking the captain on both the Express or the Hopper.

RoyN:
Today was was just BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Was at Half Dome today and then went to Stillwater Cove. Visibility was at a stunning 50 feet to 60 feet today. Both dives I started with 3300 air and ended with 150 and lasted more then 50 minutes in both dives. Not to brag, but my buoyancy level is now excellent as I didn't even touch my inflator valve also. Stillwater Cove was like flying through a forest and I thought my soul escaped my body as I could see myself hovering in the middle of the forest. What was just very very very sad and terrible was my Reefmaster camera suffered a major leak last Sunday and flooded the outside compartment, but didn't get into the electronics. It was bad enough that the lense would fog up preventing me from taking any clear picture. And nobody on the boat is letting me borrow their camera, neither on Beach Hopper 2 or the Monterey Express. I've become "The Touch of Death" with electronic wares and you can verify my story by asking the captain on both the Express or the Hopper.

You ended your dive with 150 psi??!!!

Yes Ben, I lasted THAT long underwater. Its all thanks to the art of yoga. But don't worry, I was monitoring it alot. I stop at the safety around 500 psi at 15 ft and I saw the whole view from that point and today was just so clear! My safety stop last about 4 to 5 minutes because sometimes I miss things that float by, divers that need help, or something else. There was a HUGE school of blue fish and it was like combination of 3 to 4 schools of them gathered into one huge school and swam in perfect formation. Otherwse, yeah, I had a great time. I think part of me is still there. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom