point lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chewslife2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
say, just put in for my reservation @ point lobos for july 28th, so far it,s open and God willing I'll get confirmed.anyways it seems I'll be needing to rent a couple extra tanks and a 7mil suit as i've been advised the water temp is a bit cool for a 5mil.Anybody got any suggestions for a good local Dive shop to rent from.
thx
Robert:D

I think a 5 mil isn't gonna keep you warm, you should get a 7 mil suit.

chewslife2:
say, just put in for my reservation @ point lobos for july 28th, so far it,s open and God willing I'll get confirmed.anyways it seems I'll be needing to rent a couple extra tanks and a 7mil suit as i've been advised the water temp is a bit cool for a 5mil.Anybody got any suggestions for a good local Dive shop to rent from.
thx
Robert:D

Robert.

Check out Glen's aquarious Dive shop at Breakwater 1-866-375-6605. or Monterey Bay dive Center , I dont have their # off hand but both are great shop's.

I know Glen well at Glen's, and Gared at Montery dive center!!

Oh and as Roy said I would DEFINITLY Get a 7mm weysuit!!

Also remember that Lobos opens at 0900 so there's plenty of time to get your gear....

Another dive shop: Aquarius on Del Monte.... Lot's of parking and easy access from Highway 1

Hit up the Safeway or Albertsons on Rio rd and get some food for your SI... Since your first time there ask the other divers for the low down and to point out the landmarks (Sand Channel, Cannary Pt).

Ben_ca:
Also remember that Lobos opens at 0900 so there's plenty of time to get your gear....

Another dive shop: Aquarius on Del Monte.... Lot's of parking and easy access from Highway 1

Hit up the Safeway or Albertsons on Rio rd and get some food for your SI... Since your first time there ask the other divers for the low down and to point out the landmarks (Sand Channel, Cannary Pt).

Oh .... that is some good advice that I left out there Ben!!

It's great having a picnic at Lobos for you SI.... specially for the wetsuit guys... gives you plenty of time to warm up and enjoy the sunshine.... A thermos of coffee is also nice... Bring a camera... Lot's of harbor seal moms/pups hanging around... Specially if you are the first one down to the boat ramp in the morning... They are all over the place

You should also let him know about the "boat" ramp where it drops down if they're gonna use a boat or something.

Robert,

My daughter usually rent her wetsuit from Sport Chalet. From my experience, their wetsuits are usually in "newer" condition than the LDS around her. Their price are reasonable. If you rent on Friday and return on Sunday, I think that is considered a 1 day rental. I don't know if you dive dry, but they also rent our DUI drysuits for a very reasonable price.

Minh
-------------------------

Sport Chalet - San Jose
Phone: (408) 531-0771
Fax: (408) 531-0780
Address: East Ridge Shopping Center
2200 Eastridge Loop Street 1402
San Jose, CA 95122

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom