VENICE BEACH - Today is the day! 5/19/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Venice Beach
Last Report: 05/20/2007

Water Color: Clear
Wind From: E
Surf: Calm
Beach Flag: Green
Dead Fish: None
Respiratory Irritation: None

Onsite report:

Winds are from the east. There is NO surf. Water is clear. I can see the bottom of the sand bar from shore

Ditch work, wives and anything else that doesn't want to make the trip... Get Here!

It's going to be one of those days you wish were here more often!

Good luck...dove at Alhambra a few weeks ago and had a 3 great dives, lots of teeth and bones, but no megs.
Let us know how you do.
C-Dawg

Sounds great. I am leaving for Sarasota on Saturday and plan on doing some shore dives in Venice. Last visit was first week in October last year. I still don't know where to look for teeth, but I figure if I keep trying I will eventually figure it out.

Will be spending the following week (more or less) over in Fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions about that area will be appreciated.

Skip C

I haven't been in a while - but I'll be coming tomorrow morning, I can't wait! Hopefully get to meet a few new faces. The boss knows I'll be out for the day, and the wife is home to get the kids from school so it will be an all day outing.

I tried to come this morning, but got ambushed by circumstances. If anyone goes out today, let us know how it is into the afternoon also. The tide profile looks the same for both days.

I'm going to try to get over to the Golden Beach area in the yak if I can find a good spot. I was thinking a little ways SW of where FL West sometimes anchors.

I wish I lived by Venice - I'd be out there every other day.

Skipp,
I'm still a newb, but if I do a walk-in off the beach, I'll be happy to pair up and show you how to look - it is easy as pie. Once you start 'seeing' the teeth, there'll be no stopping you. (the downside is that on the way home, everything triangle-shaped makes your heart speed up)

1st dive:
Water Temp: 74-75
Vis: snotty water and lots of jellies - some places top to bottom avg 8-10

found the usual golf balls and smaller teeth, some new shells for the terrarium...

Oh, a 2" Meg and a partial 5"
===
Since I dive in bioprene, I will need to warm up before my next dive (90 minutes in 75 deg water will give you a chill) :)

OK, warmed up and making the next entry.

Diving south of the Alhambra pipes. Mid way between the Condos... report to follow

Temp 75-76
Vis: same as last dive

Here is today's haul from Alhambra

Attachments

• teeth1.jpg
    teeth1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 27
  • teeth2.jpg
    teeth2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 22
  • teeth3.jpg
    teeth3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
CoolTech:
Since I dive in bioprene, I will need to warm up before my next dive (90 minutes in 75 deg water will give you a chill) :)

LOL....CoolTech....I had to laugh reading that. I did 2hrs 9 min on an AL80 (came out with 600psi) and wore only a T shirt and a pair of swim trunks and never got cold. But, I'm sure after I move to FLA in a few years, my blood will thin and I'll be a WWW too. ( no offense :wink: )
Nice haul for the day by the way....I'll be back down your way to dive sometime after Labor Day, maybe we can get a day or two of diving together.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
LOL....CoolTech....I had to laugh reading that. I did 2hrs 9 min on an AL80 (came out with 600psi) and wore only a T shirt and a pair of swim trunks and never got cold. But, I'm sure after I move to FLA in a few years, my blood will thin and I'll be a WWW too. ( no offense :wink: )
Nice haul for the day by the way....I'll be back down your way to dive sometime after Labor Day, maybe we can get a day or two of diving together.
C-Dawg
I was burning off two tanks I used in the Keys last week. I married the two to get 1800 psi in each for the dives.

I have lost 79 lbs since November. Used to be I did not need a suit until the water dropped under 70. I noticed last Sunday that I was feeling a chill at 74... hmmm... the bioprene is getting thinner :rofl3:

CoolTech:
I have lost 79 lbs since November. Used to be I did not need a suit until the water dropped under 70. I noticed last Sunday that I was feeling a chill at 74... hmmm... the bioprene is getting thinner :rofl3:
79 lbs...Wow, that's awesome....trying to lose about 35 lbs myself...not easy.
C-Dawg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom