Hawks Cay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulefeathers

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to book vacation in the keys this summer. Myself, Wife and Son (both non-divers) does anyone have any experience with the Hawks Cay Resort. Driven by them several times finally going to stay there.

http://www.hawkscay.com

Thanks

My buddy was the manager of the restaurant/room service there for years.
I've never stayed there but I've gone diving with tilden's there and had a great time

The Cay Cubs are firing people left and right down here last week 80 people got fired because of cut backs and they plan to keep going futher, I am not sure where this is going with the Cay Clubs but I do know that alot of good people have no jobs and they gave no warning they called them told them to clock out and go home. For the ones that have housing they plan on letting them keep there places untill thier lease is up.
So what I am thinking is you won't get that personal touch anymore when you stay and they won't be as clean and the new people won't know what the heck they are doing. Just my 2 cents.

hawks cay is not owned by the cay clubs and they have recently upgraded many of their facilities. friends who have stayed there in the past, gave the resort, high marks. the dive center located on the property, tildens, also has recieved good reviews on this board and with friends of mine. they are the only keys dive outfit that regulary visits tennesse reef and less visited reefs between alligator reef(islamorada) and delta shoals(grassy key). also a great resort for the kids(numerous activity programs). terrific choice in my view,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I got curious and looked up Cay Clubs...here is a list of their resorts. Based on Becky's news, I'd avoid them...but not Hawks Cay. (Becky thanks for the locals tip!) My dive club has dived with Tilden a few times and like them; I joined them on one of the occasions and had a real nice time. Always heard that Hawks is super.

speargirl:
The Cay Cubs are firing people left and right down here last week 80 people got fired because of cut backs and they plan to keep going futher, I am not sure where this is going with the Cay Clubs but I do know that alot of good people have no jobs and they gave no warning they called them told them to clock out and go home. For the ones that have housing they plan on letting them keep there places untill thier lease is up.
So what I am thinking is you won't get that personal touch anymore when you stay and they won't be as clean and the new people won't know what the heck they are doing. Just my 2 cents.

First off I am a Upper Keys home owner and I certainly don't like how Cay Clubs came crashing into the Keys. Buying places up and in many cases tearing them down without out detailed plans. I also don't like how they have handled things as money has gotten tight.

That said, the Pilot House outside bar is still a locals (even if owned by Cay Clubs) hang out and even though Hobo's moved down the street (I used to be able to walk there) it is still a privately owned as are most of the places I frequent.

Your knocking Hawks Cay seems just a bit over the top especially for a person that does a pretty decent amount of mild board spamming (even if it sounds like a decent deal).

I may take a bit a crap for this post, but I calls'em like I see'um.

I live and work in the Middle Keys. You are correct. Cay Clubs is a piece of ....
Hawks Cay has nothing to do with Cay Clubs and is in fact about to start a massive renovation / upgrade of the entire facility. A very nice place, well run. I do suggest anyone looking to vacation there in the next year ask before booking as to the construction schedule. There was talk at a meeting of shutting part / all operations while work is done.

kidsdream:
First off I am a Upper Keys home owner and I certainly don't like how Cay Clubs came crashing into the Keys. Buying places up and in many cases tearing them down without out detailed plans. I also don't like how they have handled things as money has gotten tight.

That said, the Pilot House outside bar is still a locals (even if owned by Cay Clubs) hang out and even though Hobo's moved down the street (I used to be able to walk there) it is still a privately owned as are most of the places I frequent.

Your knocking Hawks Cay seems just a bit over the top especially for a person that does a pretty decent amount of mild board spamming (even if it sounds like a decent deal).

I may take a bit a crap for this post, but I calls'em like I see'um.

I never said anything about Hawks Cay I was letting him know about the Cay Clubs here in the Keys so he could get a heads up when looking. Please read my post again I never mentioned Hawks Cay.:blinking:

speargirl:
I never said anything about Hawks Cay I was letting him know about the Cay Clubs here in the Keys so he could get a heads up when looking. Please read my post again I never mentioned Hawks Cay.:blinking:

You directly responded to a question about Hawks Cay.

And said "So what I am thinking is you won't get that personal touch anymore when you stay and they won't be as clean and the new people won't know what the heck they are doing. Just my 2 cents."

Your comment about when you stay certainly apppeared to be directed at the posters questioned choice in lodging. If that is not what you meant then I guess I took your response (as did at least one other) of its intended course..

Never mind.....

DebbyDiver:
I got curious and looked up Cay Clubs...here is a list of their resorts. Based on Becky's news, I'd avoid them...but not Hawks Cay. (Becky thanks for the locals tip!) My dive club has dived with Tilden a few times and like them; I joined them on one of the occasions and had a real nice time. Always heard that Hawks is super.

Hawks Cay is very nice. Capt. Chris who lives just down my street charters his boat out of there and I also have him on my web site for private charters along with Steve Moore who Charters. But people need to be aware of the Cay Clubs at least check them out very well to make sure that they can give you what you are looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom