Key Largo This Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndavy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am headed down to Key Largo this week with my family. However they are all non-divers so I don't have a buddy. Are there any dive ops down there that ya'll know of who could potentially pair me up with a buddy. I'd be interested in anything from the Spiegel Grove to reef dives. I'd potentially be diving Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Hopefully its not too late to find a buddy and a dive operation going to a cool site this week. Thanks for your ideas.

Either Crystal Clear Charters or Conch Republic will set you up and take care of you.I have the phone number for Crystal if you need it and Capt.Gary who is a member of this board owns Conch Republic.

Watch the seas, its supposed to be rough out there this week

I like to Diver with either Pleasure Diver or off of the HMS Minnow both are located behind the Holiday Inn at mile marker 100 I believe. Both limit to 6 divers so you can get to the sites early and be leaving when the crowds are showing up. Have fun

Had a good time diving with Scuba Do. I found them to be a very professional operation. No cattle boats there.

I've dived with It's a Dive at the Marriott and there always was somone else looking for a dive buddy.

Steve

There are two operators in the area, Rainbow Reef in Key Largo (MM 100), and Key Dives in Islamorada (MM 76) that send guides with each dive (included in your cost) so no buddy is required. Usually it is a group of 4-6 divers per guide.

I'd second Conch Republic and It's a Dive. If you are looking for shallow stuff then you can dive with Amy Slate's. Would not count on them for deep dives though. One thing about all of them is if your insta buddy is a dip they don't harp too much if you decide to go solo. I had one guy say he was gonna follow me last week. After I spent over 5 minutes looking at a scorpionfish and trying to get the pic I wanted he joined up with another pair and I finished the dive alone and peacefully. Which is what I wanted to do in the first place. The deep dives my buddies were cool and took time to introduce themselves and give a little rundown of experience instead of just saying "hey we're following you". Reefs I prefer to dive alone anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom