Seward, Alaska 05/20 at the Shackle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I went diving on the first boat trip of the season out of Seward on Saturday. Weather was beautiful, sunny and warm (50's). We dove the Shackle. The viz was a typical 10'. We were buzzed by Sea Lions throughout the dive. At 90' I saw a halibut approximately 4' long It was huge. I missed the shot of it though. I saw other fish and many invertebrates. Check out my gallery

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/s...heck=0&page=1&sortby=&sorttime=&way=&cat=2415

Click on the picture of the Sea Urchin. Once the shot is expanded, on the blue bar select Slideshow.

akdeepdiver:
great picts. What was your average depth. Also, what kind of camera/strobe are you using?
Avg depth on first dive ws 54' and on second dive was 52'. Viz was typical considering the plankton bloom - (poor). Camera is an Oly C5050, PT015 housing and Inon 2000W strobe. Nothing fancy, very compact for travel but old technology (5 MPix).

Interested in diving with me sometime in Whittier? I'm off to Rhode Island for some dives and a conference until after June 4th. Always looking for dive buddies locally in Whittier. Be back in June. PM me if you are interested in diving.

Back
Top Bottom