To execute the barrel roll with the X-scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nereas

Contributor
Reaction score
Expat Floridian travelling in the Land of Eternal
# of dives
500 - 999
One of the most fun maneuvers you can do with an X-Scooter is a barrel roll. Here are the steps.

1) Get yourself an X-Scooter (prices vary depending on what you get with it);

2) Watch the DVD that comes with it about 100 times (great music too!);

3) Take it out on a calm day to a cove with a beach for sea trials;

4) Become familiar and comfortable with the X with a few days of diving with it;

5) When you feel ready, pitch your right wrist slightly up and to the right, just like Chris Cali does in the DVD that comes with it;

6) There it is!

Personally I prefer to place the handle at the 10:30 position and pull back on the handle, because this is easier and I'm inherently lazy.

All the best, James

fdog:
Personally I prefer to place the handle at the 10:30 position and pull back on the handle, because this is easier and I'm inherently lazy.

All the best, James

With the grip at 10 oclock you would roll clockwise, onto your right shoulder and around.

With the grip at 1 oclock you will roll counter clockwise, onto your left shoulder and around.:D

nereas:
5) When you feel ready, pitch your right wrist slightly up and to the right, just like Chris Cali does in the DVD that comes with it;

6) There it is!

I'm telling you... nothing good comes out of following what Cali does.... Like letting him talk you into a scooter dive

:)

Just kidding... I take it you are local?

Back
Top Bottom