Does anyone know what its called?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanimal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,
My drysuit neck seal leaks a lot, especially if I turn or lift my head. The neck seal is fairly new and was sized (trimmed) there at DUI. I don't think its the latex seal, but rather the concave area on the back of my neck that is the problem. I believe there is a 'something' that can be worn on the neck that improves the seal. Does anyone know what its called or where to get it?

Thanks,

i had a leak in that area you describe, and it was hard as heck to locate

the best thing is to plug the neck seal and see if there are any leaks around the base and below the base. make sure to pull back the "fold" thing and look under it (that's where my leak was)

You didn't mention, but what type of "collar" is there on your undergarment? I found that any type of collar will give me problems. I have had to roll back my Viking undergarment to keep the leaking down.

You had the neck seal trimmed at the factory? How did they know what size to make it?

i send my measurements out to the guy that sizes my seals, and he sends them back with a perfect fit

works very well

The best thing to do is put your suit on with your thermal wear, squat all the way down and tilt your head forward. If you have a pucker, it means that the torso of your suit is to small and may need to extended. Most people that send in their suit for a leak in the neck have this problem. Wearing a bio seal may help a little, but I would send it back in to have a couple inches added to your torso.

just get some duct tape and wrap it around your neck a couple times before you pop in the water...shoudl be fine* :D:D:rofl3:

*following this advice might keep your suit from leaking, but could be life threatening.

scubanimal:
Hello,
My drysuit neck seal leaks a lot, especially if I turn or lift my head. The neck seal is fairly new and was sized (trimmed) there at DUI. I don't think its the latex seal, but rather the concave area on the back of my neck that is the problem. I believe there is a 'something' that can be worn on the neck that improves the seal. Does anyone know what its called or where to get it?

Thanks,
I can get you a bio seal. I need your neck measurement.

yangnome:
just get some duct tape and wrap it around your neck a couple times before you pop in the water...shoudl be fine* :D:D:rofl3:

*following this advice might keep your suit from leaking, but could be life threatening.

use silicone seal to glue the thing to his neck............ :wink:

Back
Top Bottom