Elite T3 History and Elevation Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Temple of Doom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi there,

I've got a question about the Elite T3. Due to rather unfortunate events involving being sent to work in a desert climate, I have only just made my first dives on the Elite T3 I picked up in November. The dives went swimmingly and I am very pleased with the Elite T3. I noticed however something curious.

After my two dives on Saturday, I was able to access the LOG and HIST screens for the first time. I noticed that the HIST 1 screen showed the two dives I had made and the time (question, is this averaged down or to the nearest hour?). However the HIST 2 screen showed that my max elevation was EL 2, I was expecting SEA. Both dives were at Whytecliff park near Vancouver, most definitely at sea level.

I can't explain it from the information I've gotten from reading through the documentation (which I've done several times since purchasing the thing and pining for the fjords of Vancouver). Here are the things I could think of:

I was sure, and re-verified that I did not have the computer set to be more conservative (which it accomplishes by simulating that you're diving at the next altitude level). Before and between dives, the NORM SURF MAIN screen was alternating NORM - SEA, indicating sea level, as I expected (I wouldn't imagine it wouldn't, but if conservative is set, does it indicate a different altitude in the NORM SURF MAIN? Or does it actually show EL 2 and and calculate using EL 2 while at SEA?).

The history shows only 2 dives, the two I made at sea level (no mystery altitude dive before I bought it).

Coming back to Vancouver about 45 min after my last dive, I took the highway, which according to Google Earth is between 60-200m. Google Earth is not super accurate, but I'm sure the highway stays well below 600m (about where EL 2 starts). Further I'd guess that going to a higher elevation after the dive would have no effect on the dive elevation history.

Basically, I can't find anything that I could have done to cause the computer to think it was at EL 2. Is this a known issue? If not, I'm slightly concerned that there may be a problem with the T3 and altitude sensing/calculating. Perhaps if it is an issue it's simply an issue in the HIST 2 screen, which doesn't really concern me.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

PS: This isn't a big deal, but I think for future updates to your computers, you should rename the SAT screen (which indicates the Time to Desaturate counter). Maybe DSAT or similar, there's space for 4 characters. The reason is that the second screen NORM SURF ALT shows the day of the week, which on Saturday is SAT. That means on Saturday two of the screens will be named the same. Again, this isn't a big deal at all, but from a human interface perspective, would probably be better if they never had the same name. I wonder what the breakdown would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite T3 is used more often on Saturdays than any other day.

Bump.

Anybody at Aeris have any thoughts about this? I suppose I'll call up if I don't hear back.

Back
Top Bottom