U/W Camera/Housing FOUND

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zf2nt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday I received a telephone call from a fellow at the Naval Postgraduate School asking if I could help him locate the rightful owner of a camera in an underwater housing which he found washed up on the beach. From his comments on the phone, he judges this to be an item of some value so I'm sure that somewhere, somebody is grieving over the loss of his camera. If you lost a camera recently and can identify the camera with the precision only an owner would know (e.g. serial number), then you can get your camera back.

The finder's name is Jim Stockel, and he can be reached at 831-656-3256.

Bruce Sawyer
Aquarius Dive Shop, LLC

If it is that nice a unit, maybe they better be searching for the diver...

That diver has recently posted on the board he was in the reef check program, I will try to find him and direct him in this direction!! thank you for posting this message!!

zf2nt:
Yesterday I received a telephone call from a fellow at the Naval Postgraduate School asking if I could help him locate the rightful owner of a camera in an underwater housing which he found washed up on the beach. From his comments on the phone, he judges this to be an item of some value so I'm sure that somewhere, somebody is grieving over the loss of his camera. If you lost a camera recently and can identify the camera with the precision only an owner would know (e.g. serial number), then you can get your camera back.

The finder's name is Jim Stockel, and he can be reached at 831-656-3256.

Bruce Sawyer
Aquarius Dive Shop, LLC

Ben_ca is contacting the presummed owner, Thanks again!!

Bruce, thanks again!

Jim and I spoke yesterday and it appears to be my camera - verified through the pictures on the camera.

The camera travelled from Monterey Bay Aquarium to Del Monte Beach. Pretty amazing.

If it is my camera, I'll post more pictures to the Reef Check report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom