I have a question that's been bugging me almost my whole life: Lake Burton?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ajagor92

New
Reaction score
I have a house on the beautiful Lake Burton, and I've always known about the little town that was underneath.

I have a few questions (answer any of you know, please)

1. Where in the lake was the little town?
2. When diving, what could you see?
3. What's left from the town of Burton (railroads, roads, buildings, etc.?)
4. Can you see anything when all the water to the lake is down?

Last question?

Has anyone here dived there? If so, what were your findings/experiences?

In what part of the world is Lake Burton? Post it in the forum for that part of the world and you'll be more likely to get an answer to your question.

I don't know where Lake Burton is. Like Walter said, post in the appropriate forum and you might get better responses. But I do know about other lakes that had towns "in them" before being made. Before the dams are built, the remains are destroyed and taken away. All that is usually left are the foundations and typically those are under several feet of silt. You're not likely to find remains to anything in Lake Burton.

There's another reservoir I know of they did this to - McPhee Reservoir near Dolores in SW Colorado. I've got plans to go diving there either this fall or next summer - whenever I go with room to take my gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom