Moving to Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Looks like I'm been transferred to Miami. Glad to be leaving cold (in winter) NJ!

What's the best way to find some diving down there. Keys or Lauderdale? Any locals care to comment? Thanks!

Beach diving galore in Broward. Not much if any beach diving in Miami or the Keys. Lots of ops to choose from for boat diving. check out the Trips and Marketplace for all the dive trips. Any trip posted is an invitation to join the fun!

Just keep an eye right here on the boards for any and all diving opportunities!!!

The Gooch and Sperbonzo and their wives are in Miami and they come up and beach dive with us...we frequently dive off the beaches in Hollywood, Dania Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, and Pompano Beach.

You will also see that we have two Keys weekends coming up...very reasonably priced and loads of fun!

Welcome to paradise!!!

Debby,

Any preference in an LDS to get my tanks filled? Places to avoid...etc

Where do you live?

No reason to drive real far for air fills.

I do have my favorite shop that I've used nearly exclusively for 26 years...but if it is inconvenient to you, you wouldn't go. Tell us your general location and you'll get lots of recommendations. :)

Where in Miami are you going to be? I live in the South end, so I have access to RJ on the Beach and the Keys.

Ah, I didn't say I was going to be in Miami...sorry, I am not familiar with the shops there. I was just letting you know that many Miami folks come up here to dive with us...and that lots of folks from these boards will be in the Keys for Invasion II and ScubaBoard Reunion and that you should check out those threads. :)

Collins Ave - Miami Beach

If you are going to be on the beach, you should definitely get acquainted with RJ. You will also be only a short time to Pompano or even Key Largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom