Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tropical_shark

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, for the HSE course that i am part way through i have to have a drysuit as a requirement for stage 2. I have brought my drysuit however i havent been given much information! I was wondering if u guys could help! I'm not sure how i am meant to store it, when to apply the zipoil etc and so on! I'm a complete novice to diving and only qualified in april, i'm not carrying out the stage 2 this year as i would like to get some dives under my belt first, i will be doing it next june/july! Thanks in advance for any help!

You sound like an excellent candidate for a taking a drysuit course. All these questions will be answered, and your first couple of dives supervised. It's not rocket science, but it's good to have someone who really knows DS diving right there to show you the ropes the first few dives.

I am hoping to do a course later on in the year when i get the money! How should i store it though and put the zipoil on as i no i am going to be using it before then

I have a 7mm neoprene drysuit and I store it on a hanger unzipped. It you store it zipped up you run the risk of putting a permanent kink in the thin rubber gasket in the zipper. I wax my zipper most everytime - sometimes I am lazy. Everytime is best - keep the zipper running smooth. My understanding is that the wax has no effect on the watertightness.

Good luck....

Sore out of the sun in cool dry location.

If neoprene, hang on a very fat hanger.

If shell type suit (i.e. rubber, nylon) roll up and store in cary bag.

DO NOT oil the zipper. Rub parafin wax on the outside teeth of the zipper only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom