East Coast blown out, anything out west?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We had a dive trip planned for Saturday and Sunday this weekend down in Boyton Beach, but it's probably going to get blown out due to high wind and waves.:( :( The wind is coming from the east so I figured it might be more calm over on the west coast. Is there any decent diving around Tampa? :confused: We're coming from Daytona.

Thanks

We are having a steady wind here on the West Coast too. The weather channel is forecasting ENE winds 20-30 mph. Currently they are 20 mph with gusts to 26 mph. Our PADI Rescue Class is doing a shore dive from Venice Beach this Saturday. Our boat trip from the east coast was canceled because of the winds. :shakehead

'bout the only reports I hear of someplace good is Key West.. :)

divematt:
We had a dive trip planned for Saturday and Sunday this weekend down in Boyton Beach, but it's probably going to get blown out due to high wind and waves.:( :( The wind is coming from the east so I figured it might be more calm over on the west coast. Is there any decent diving around Tampa? :confused: We're coming from Daytona.

Thanks

Wow, you should have posted this one in the Tampa forum. Anyway, the forecast over here is improving. If you are in Daytona your not too far away at all.

Try these three charters:

Capt. Ty - He is on the board so you can pm him at "Capt. Ty", don't forget the period :wink:

SeaFox - Captain Herman: 727.469.8979

Tanks-A-Lot dive charters - Captain Ben: 727.639.474

My shop's East Coast dives (Ft. Lauderdale) aren't looking good either. It's been windy here (Naples), not too bad, but more so than normal.

Meet Greet and Dive 5-26-07 Anna Maria Island
All members wanting to dive together can meet at Sea Trek 105 7th Street N Bradenton Beach, Fl 34217 at 9 am on Saturday 5-26-07. We will splt into or groups .... Spanish Rocks and Sugar Bardge we could plan to "do lunch" say noon'ish (meeting back at Sea Trek) followed by afternoon dive for all wanting to do a second dive.
If you would like to go early and do your own thing here is the info from SpanishRocks from last weekend ( be sure to meet us at noon at Sea Trek):
I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercostal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards enter the water swim out about 50 yards and dive max depths 22ft.
I have never done the bardge
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190889&page=9
join our conversation here …. 20+ divers coming
Kim P

June 2cnd Fossil Dive …. All Divers Welcome 9:00 am dive
Directions
From the North
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 200 (SR681) and follow it to US 41 where you'll turn left (south). Take US 41 to Business US 41 (Tamiami Trail) where you turn right. After you cross the bridge, you'll turn right on Venice Ave. Turn left at the first light (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Observe the no parking signs. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.
From the South
Head to Venice on I 75. Take exit 193 and head SW (coming from the south that’s a left turn) on Jacaranda. Turn right on Venice Ave. Stay on Venice Ave until after you’ve crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge (Harbor). Turn right at the 5th street (Alhambra). Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible. Be careful not to block the driveway to the condo. Observe the no parking signs. Keep your dive between the culverts to the south and the three pine trees to the north.
You will want to unload your gear at the dead end the go find a curb side parking space being careful not to block any driveways. You will enter the water straight off the culvert pipes on the beach swim 100 yards or more out and dive, the teeth/fossils will be found between 12 and 17 feet.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=192563
Join our conversation here
Kim P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom