Safe minutes gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fastro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive with the wisdom computer and I just got nitrox certified recently in Turks and Caicos. I adjusted my nitrox blend to 32 on my dive computer and for each dive I made after that I had very few safety minutes left when I ended my dive. My dive profiles were not very aggressive only to about 80-90 feet for 35 minutes or so on average and when compared to my divemaster's computer he/she would have over 100 minutes left. I read through the manual and tried to figure out if there is a setting I need to change but I couldn't find anything that seemed to apply. I would appreciate any help anyone could provide.

When you say safe minutes , was that with the cylinder icon the said gas or without the icon ? The Wisdom has Dive time remaining display shows "no deco time", "O2 time " or Air time remaining , the least available at the moment .

How much gas did you have left, it could have just been gas at current consumption and depth

I had about 700 PSI on one dive and only 3 safe minutes left for no deco time on my 1st dive of the day even though my N2 and O2 exposure gaugues were in the green.

Sounds like you are getting air time remaining and NDL mixed up, the wisdom will always show you the number that controls the dive , in you case air time was the controling factor , it was giving you how many "safe " beathing minutes to the reserve that was set on the computer

Great, that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom