Anyone actually been to La Siesta and Key Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nismo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looked at there web sites and I am interested. I did a search and saw that one person had a horrible experience. Just wondering if anyone has actually tried them. If not, any one have recommendations for a reasonable hotel and dive operator in Islamorada?

We are looking to go in October.

I thought I had posted this up after I got back. I noticed all of my June posts are gone. Oh, well. Anyway I did go diving with Key Dives and I did stay at La Siesta. I booked both seperately and had an absolutely great time. Great dives, nice boat, great crew. Did 3 days of diving and never had to worry about my gear. La Siesta, however, is an old Florida beach place. A little run down but it was clean and serviceable. I know these places have been around forever and are a little worn. I did not expect a RESORT. I've stayed in the Contemporary Hotel at Disney and watched the fireworks from my balcony. THAT is a resort and I expect the resort treatment. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with the packages. I dove 3 days and a night for 240 bucks. La Siesta is .7 miles north of Key Dives. I would do this combo again.

I have never stayed at La Siesta, but I do know the property. It is on a beautiful site. The owner is a developer who is planning on turning it into a luxury place, so I don't think they are doing too much to upgrade.

I have recently been out with Key Dives at Bud and Marys. As a newer diver on new sites, I really liked it. New, beautiful boat. Crew required structure, but were pleasant and enthusiastic. For each of two dives, a dive master led the divers (There were 8 of us.) For an experienced diver, I can see an objection to an assigned leader, but I really liked it. We dove the Eagle and a wall and I considered it one of my better diving experiences, within my very limited dive history.

Keys divers is an excellent place. I am 90 pct sure that La Siesta is being redeveloped , so maybe you should ask them about this

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom