Shin injury--OUCH!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I could use some advise regarding what has been diagnosed as a shin splint injury.

I am an average but active 50+ fellow. I walk 5-6 days a week for general fitness in addition to some basic floor exercises......have been walking for years doing 4 miles a day on concrete using quality shoes.

A bit over a week ago on one of my normal walks my left shin started hurting at about 2.5 miles,,,,so I packed it in and went home. I did not do any of the things I probably should have such as ice/elevation/rest until about Sat.. a week ago.

I went this past Wed. to my family Dr.,,,and he said in time following rest/ice and an over the counter med. like Aleve....things will improve.

OK---I still am very sore to 'walk' more than around the block....tried diving a few days ago---no good...the finning really hurt.

Any home remedies you might suggest in the way of treatment and exercise while this takes its course????

Thanks in advance... :wink:

They are a real bummer.
Long period of not doing anything that caused them, followed by long period of not doing what caused them after pain goes away.
I’ve not had them seriously but other prolonged rest to recover injuries, my deepest sympathy.

They are a real bummer.
Long period of not doing anything that causes pain, followed by long period of not doing what caused them after pain goes away.
I’ve not had them seriously but other prolonged rest to recover injuries, my deepest sympathy.

Sounds like it may be medial tibial stress syndrome. I'm not a doctor but I'm an athletic trainer (sports medicine) and see this a lot with my athletes. PM me with your email and I'll send you a handout I've made with exercises and info on that condition.

cmufieldhockey8:
Sounds like it may be medial tibial stress syndrome. I'm not a doctor but I'm an athletic trainer (sports medicine) and see this a lot with my athletes. PM me with your email and I'll send you a handout I've made with exercises and info on that condition.

Thanks..PM sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom