Freediving off the beach in Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I live right off Oakland Park Blvd less than a mile from the beach and I'd really like to spend more time in the water, since I'm so close. I got into freediving while living in the Turks & Caicos Islands and I want to do some exploring between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. I've only been out about a half dozen times between the Commercial Pier and Atlantic Blvd Pier.
I'm wondering if there are any locals who are already doing so or want to put together a little diving group. I'm AOW certified as well with all the equipment I'll need, it's just not worth it when it's less than 30 feet at the second reef.
I'm up for either off the beach. Just need a dive buddy or group to do it.

You can either respond to this thread or email me at jeffalan68@comcast.net.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff -

You should post your dive hopes in the Florida Conch Forum - Trips and Local Marketplace and you'll find other who will dive with you from the shore. Plenty of people dive from the beaches, and even swim out to the reef balls where it drops off to 30 feet; if you find the first reef not worth of strapping on a tank. Many people also dive the first reef, and do it with tanks, and spend 1-2 hours out there.

Hi Jeff, welcome to SB!

Click that link HowardE gave you and start a thread if you'd like to organize something. Also, feel free to dive-right-in on any (of the many) gatherings of the Florida Conch Divers! The summer is just getting started... you found us just in time! :D
Swimthruaddict:
I live right off Oakland Park Blvd less than a mile from the beach and I'd really like to spend more time in the water, since I'm so close.
Hmmmm, since you're so close... how many Conchs can you squeeze in at Oakland Park? :D

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

Thread moved to Conch Forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom