Eilat diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive site or dive operator?

Most of the operators charge about the same.

My favorite dive site is Moses Rock. It's got hard and soft corals. You can see lots of fish. It's a shore dive, so access is easy.

Lighthouse caves has a nice coral formation with a swim through packed with fish. Moses Rock was also memorable.

You'll have more price variation in hotels than dive operators. The local dive shops can help you find a hotel if you don't have any luck.

Sorry. Just noticed the date of the thread.

I will (unfortunately) only be in Eilat for 3 days (and can't count the last day for diving, as we are flying that night), so it would seem that my best option would be to take two day-trips on boats, right? I was recommended Red Sea Sports Club and Aqua Sport. Both have day trips to Taba, Coral Island, and Aquaba sites.

I would dearly love to get further south to Dahab or Sharm, but it sure doesn't look like I have enough time. If you know a way I could pull this off, I would do it.

What would you recommend, if you only had two diveable days in Eilat?

I am told that purchasing diving insurance is required. Do I still have to do that if I have DAN Diver Accident Insurance?

Thanks for your help!

Al F.

I will (unfortunately) only be in Eilat for 3 days (and can't count the last day for diving, as we are flying that night), so it would seem that my best option would be to take two day-trips on boats, right? I was recommended Red Sea Sports Club and Aqua Sport. Both have day trips to Taba, Coral Island, and Aquaba sites.

I would dearly love to get further south to Dahab or Sharm, but it sure doesn't look like I have enough time. If you know a way I could pull this off, I would do it.

What would you recommend, if you only had two diveable days in Eilat?

I am told that purchasing diving insurance is required. Do I still have to do that if I have DAN Diver Accident Insurance?

Thanks for your help!

Al F.

You don't need a boat in order to dive in Taba- they are nice and easy shore dives, as are most dives in Eilat and Aqaba.

There are no boats (at least that I know of) which take divers from Eilat to Aqaba, or to Coral Island for that matter. But, you can arrange diving in Taba and Coral Island through "Aqua Sport". It is just a matter of crossing the border and boarding the boat there.

Diving two days in Dahab is also doable, but it will tire you a bit because of the longer trip to/from and the fact that you have to catch a flight the following day.

You can choose any combination of Aqaba/Eilat/Taba and all of them will be good choices. I'd recommend the first day in Taba or Aqaba and the second one in Eilat, so you don't waste too much time at border crossings and taxying arround.

Back
Top Bottom