the best wetsuir or semidry for really cold waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icelander

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i need advice on his and see if there is using a wetsuit in tempetuers around 35-40 f 2-10 celsius depending on season ive seem on from aqualung send them a mail but no reply yet
hvat is people using out there i need advice on whats new and best

Icelander:
i need advice on his and see if there is using a wetsuit in tempetuers around 35-40 f 2-10 celsius depending on season ive seem on from aqualung send them a mail but no reply yet
hvat is people using out there i need advice on whats new and best
I wouldnt even consider a wetsuit or semidry suit in 2-10 celcius..
Coldest ive dived in a semidry suit was ~14c and that was a 7mm semidry with a 7mm hooded west on top. Worked quite well for a single dive, but no way youd get me to put that suit back on again after taking it off, which btw was cold enough by itself.

2-10 celcius is just far too cold for me to consider a wet or semidry suit. Drysuit is the right stuff for those temps.
Ive dived 3 celcius water and that was rather refreshing as well..

That's awefully cold for a wetsuit. Heck, that's cold for a drysuit! I've dived wet down to 42 F, but I never considered diving any colder than that until I went dry.

Hell - I dive dry in the Cayman's, so I'm the wrong guy to ask, but I really do think that's TOO cold for wet or semi-dry.

Two options:

1) Buy a wetsuit. Spend your surface time shivering, wet and cold. Not enjoy your diving as much as you should. Buy a drysuit. Really enjoy doing multiple dives in cold water.

2) Short circuit the process and just go dry.

I went through number 1, I would suggest number 2: its less expensive in the long run,

Cheers
Rohan.

Another thing to mention is that being cold increases the danger of DCS..

ouch, 2C and wetsuit!? i was shivering in +7C in my wetsuit (10mm core, the rest is 7 mm). i did not know it was than cold at 30m deep when I did a dive. i don't have much fat so someone else who is chubbier than me might have been ok, but i would never dive wet in temperatures below 10C deep.

I think you should go drysuit.

I have a Mares isotherm semi dry and it keeps me very dry. The most I have done in one day was 3 dives and my torso area never got wet. Only the wrists and ankes area will get somewhat wet. It's a very good suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom