Key Largo & Island Sun Splash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
We (wife, 18 & 20 year olds and me) will be in Key Largo from June 8th -17th. The kids haven't dived for two years and only have about 20 dives. I have several questions please.

1. Will the Island Sun Splash make it difficult to book dives once we are down there?

2. Any recommendations on who to dive with? Just want to spend the week relaxing.

3. Any MUST DO dives or operators?

4. Any STAY AWAY dives or operators?

Do I need to book my dives early or have I already waited too long?

Thanks for any help...

Carl

1. I would definitely book ahead of time to avoid disappointments (and stress).

2. BlueWater Divers comes to mind!

3. As far as "must do" dives go... I like Molasses Reef in Key Largo.

4. I don't much care for Sand Island or Key Largo Dry Rocks (Christ Statue).

Your sons will likely be required to do a refresher course (or at least a guided dive) since they haven't dived in a while.

Enjoy!

Carl,

Island Sun Splash which is sponsored by the Upper Keys Assocation of Dive and Snorkel Operators will be a great time to come down. Brent is correct that a refresher will be a good idea since it's been over two years since the last dive. Joining Island Sun Splash you can get a pool refresher at the Holiday Inn pool in Key Largo for free. We will have instructors at the pool everyday.

There are too many activities to mention so I would suggest you go to our website
Island Sun Splash for more information on the activities. You can do as much or as little as you feel like doing, but the whole intent of ISS is to have fun.

If you have any questions about ISS don't hesitate to ask as we'd be happy to answer them.

Good Diving,
Capt Gary
President
Upper Keys Association of Dive and Snorkel Operators

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom