July 21st Red Rocks shore dive (Tampa area)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Red Rock Directions
10:00 am dive July 21st

• Take I-75 south to the North River Road exit. (It’s the one right after Jacaranda) Go south on North River Road.
• Cross over 41 & the Road changes its name to South River Road, follow that until you come to Pine Street.
• Turn left on Pine Street.
• Follow Pine Street to 776
• Cross over 776 & the street name will change to Placida Road.
• Follow Placida for a while until you get to the Boca Grande Causeway. turn right
• Follow the causeway to the toll booth ($4), after you get through the toll booth; just follow the road all the way to the 4 way stop sign (5th St. W.).
• Turn right at the stop sign & then left at the flag pole (Gulf Bvld.).
• Follow the road to the next stop sign (Gulf Bvld. & Sea Breeze Ct.).

Ahead of you will be a white, tower lighthouse (Boca Grande Range Light - 26 44’27.6”N, 82 15’46.8”W). That is the Sandspur Tower. Parking lot is located on your right, just north of that tower($2 to park all day). (Remember, you're heading south, if you pass the tower, you went too far.)

The reef is kinda small, about 1 acre in size, its 100 yards west of the Boca Grande range light. If the viz is good, you can see the reef from the shore.

(Thanks Motemen)

Who is comming?
divergirl4u
MoteMan
reeldreams
MichelleA
Reefguy & Zech
dkramer
DebbyDiver
to be announced :wink:
Kim P

sign me up, I loved diving red rocks and would dive it again anytime.

Divergirl4u:
Red Rock Directions
10:00 am dive July 21st

• Take I-75 south to the North River Road exit. (It’s the one right after Jacaranda) Go south on North River Road.
• Cross over 41 & the Road changes its name to South River Road, follow that until you come to Pine Street.
• Turn left on Pine Street.
• Follow Pine Street to 776
• Cross over 776 & the street name will change to Placida Road.
• Follow Placida for a while until you get to the Boca Grande Causeway. turn right
• Follow the causeway to the toll booth ($4), after you get through the toll booth; just follow the road all the way to the 4 way stop sign (5th St. W.).
• Turn right at the stop sign & then left at the flag pole (Gulf Bvld.).
• Follow the road to the next stop sign (Gulf Bvld. & Sea Breeze Ct.).

Ahead of you will be a white, tower lighthouse (Boca Grande Range Light - 26 44’27.6”N, 82 15’46.8”W). That is the Sandspur Tower. Parking lot is located on your right, just north of that tower($2 to park all day). (Remember, you're heading south, if you pass the tower, you went too far.)

The reef is kinda small, about 1 acre in size, its 100 yards west of the Boca Grande range light. If the viz is good, you can see the reef from the shore.

(Thanks Motemen)
Who is comming?
divergirl4u
to be announced :wink:
Kim P
I will be there

I think that Zech and I will be there.

I'll be there, I just hope the viz holds.

I will make the 3-1/2 hour drive over as long as I get good vis reports on Thursday and Friday! I can only make this a day trip, can't stay overnight. How many tanks should I bring?

Should I bring the kayak or is this just an easy shore dive?

I'm bringing my yak.

it's a pretty easy shore dive, but I'm bringing my yak anyway. I'd rather roll the yak to the water with all my gear in it, than gear up and walk(old, fat & lazy), besides it saves on air.

OW OW OW Ok, you twisted my arm, the yak will cross Alligator Alley!

Now to hope for good vis, I'm not driving 7 hours round trip for bad vis and I'd really like to do this dive!

p.s. How many tanks should I bring, is one enough or should I bring two or more?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom