Anyone be interested in a Suunto interface in kit form?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
I have been thinking about offering kits for people to make their own interfaces and not have the hassle of also having to buy a kit to etch the pcb board. In this kit, I would include all necessary parts including the pcb board that is etched, drilled, and ready to solder plus illustrations and complete instructions. I've done a great deal of testing and have found components that if soldered correctly, will work every time. With this kit, you won't have to worry about flipping the transistors around because I have illustrations for the orientation of every transistor I use in simple and easy to understand format. Even if you're not interested, please give me whatever feedback you have. I'm just trying to see if anyone would be interested. I know many people avoid building them because of the difficulty with etching the boards. The rest is pretty simple. Thanks guys. Please email me for pricing information

you do all understand that this is simply a kit, you have to put it together... also, to clarify myself... this is for the Cobra, Vyper, Vytec, Mosquito, and D3 models. Dave, was your comment saying that the manufacturers interfaces are unreasonable or the complete interfaces I sell? My prices for fully assembled and tested units are very reasonable.

The main reason I see this as being feasible is that I've run into almost every problem imagineable and feel that I've just about figured out all the "bugs" that are possible, especially with different transistors. Those things can be wacky, but I've mapped how each numbered transistor should be oriented on the board for proper functioning.

well, i was a skeptic myself before I started making them... there's really no way for them to stop working unless you maybe drop a tank on them. I also offer a warranty in that if it stops working because of any defect, I'll repair it for free and all you have to pay is shipping. I think thats just as good as the manufacturers and a heck of a lot cheaper still. Anyone that does want a kit, please let me know for sure and let me know how you intend to send payment. I accept money orders and paypal payments. Please email me for prices. I can have a few kits ready in a day or two. I just finished up a batch of interfaces and have to etch more pcb boards and then they'll be ready. thanks

Did you say you sold an assembled units? I prefer to spend the extra money and be done with it.

Being in the IT field and married with two school aged children, I just don't have the time to play around with "getting it to work."

Let me know?

T

Jamie,

I'll take one. I'd like to come pick it up next time I'm
up in Athens if that's ok.

Have you actually uploaded a D3? I know the interface
is identical but I was just wondering.

Thanks!

Kell

va. highlands/morningside near the where piedmont
and monroe intersect.

How 'bout you?