vip's and clean tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skeeter1097

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was wondering WHO teaches tank cleaning and VIP. Would it PAID ,SDI or a mixing gas class.
I would like to do my tanks.

These types of things are generally geared towards dive shops and technical divers, however they are generally accessable to all if you'd like formalized training. Some technical instructors also include this in their curriculum since in a number of places shops do a poor job of catering to our needs, or provide barriers to common sense. Sometimes it's simplier to handle ourself and cheaper when tanks multiple like rabbits.

The AirSpeed Press books are great. There is also a more 'textbook' type available from ScubaTools.com

PSI is by far the 'gold standard' for VIP/Inspection certification, and will provide individuals w/ stickers if their cert is current.

TDI, and I believe ANDI offer an Oxygen Prep class, these might be limited to people affiliated w/ a shop.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom