Aeris Atmos 2 Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra852

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm having fits :shakehead changing the battery on my Atmos 2. I have the black ring off now I'm confronted by the clear cover with a very small black ring around it. I can't seem to get it off. I'm hesitant to try prying anymore in fear of damaging the clear battery housing. Anyone know the secret of opening this?

Been there done that. Once you do it the fear is gone. You need a pick like the dentist uses to pry the battery cap off. It inludes the O ring, that is the scary part. Once there it is a piece of cake. To reassemble you have to compress the battery cover and O ring. Sometime it takes three hands

The clear cover will just pop off once you break the seal. Use caution as you put the o-ring and cover back on. The cover and oring has to snap into place and be flush. Make sure the oring has not extruded. Try placing the black locking ring over your thumb so as you press down on the clear cover all you have to do is slide the ring over the thumb while it applies pressure. Then while keeping the pressure on the clear cover use the tool to lock the black ring in place.

Back
Top Bottom