http://www.diveheart.org/

Sign the Live Earth Pledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D1v1n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Live Earth was a unique moment that now presents us with a unique choice.

Do we use this unprecedented opportunity to organize a global movement that will last beyond the concerts themselves? Or do we let the moment pass?

That's why I'm asking you to join me in signing the Live Earth Pledge, which calls for a 90% cut in global warming pollution.

The pledge is a simple way to show that the political will exists to take the bold steps necessary to end the climate crisis. But it will only be effective if millions of Americans speak out and add their voice.

Sign the Live Earth Pledge today by visiting:

http://algore.com/pledge

No way, Nada, Not going to happen!!:no

I truly enjoy the lifestyle that capitalism has afforded me!!:crafty:

I would never sign on to what amounts to an anti-capitalist crusade based on "scientific consensus"... If these G-V globe-hopping, self-rightous, celebrity blow-hards want to live the single piece of toilet paper, thatch-hut, sod-roof lifestyle that they advocate I MIGHT at least think they are sincere.. Seriously, what are the odds????:rofl3:

This whole "climate in crisis" BS is great to get people's emotions stirred up, but where are the facts??? And why can't anyone explain to me why Mars is experiencing global warming as well.....Hmmmm could it be....maybe....THE SUN!!!!! Or are there a bunch of rogue Marsians abducting our Hummers in the middle of the night so they can "greenhouse" up their planet.....what a joke...

creggur:
No way, Nada, Not going to happen!!:no

I truly enjoy the lifestyle that capitalism has afforded me!!:crafty:

I would never sign on to what amounts to an anti-capitalist crusade based on "scientific consensus"... If these G-V globe-hopping, self-rightous, celebrity blow-hards want to live the single piece of toilet paper, thatch-hut, sod-roof lifestyle that they advocate I MIGHT at least think they are sincere.. Seriously, what are the odds????:rofl3:

This whole "climate in crisis" BS is great to get people's emotions stirred up, but where are the facts??? And why can't anyone explain to me why Mars is experiencing global warming as well.....Hmmmm could it be....maybe....THE SUN!!!!! Or are there a bunch of rogue Marsians abducting our Hummers in the middle of the night so they can "greenhouse" up their planet.....what a joke...

Awesome! Couldn't agree more

fishb0y:
Awesome! Couldn't agree more

Glad you like.... I crack myself up.... Think I'll use it as my sig///

skistowe:
Yes, it was a unique moment: a moment where a bunch of blowhard politicians and self-centered musicians flew on their private jets to put on concerts at which they told YOU that YOU were wasting too many resources and polluting the earth, so you should take public transportation and ride your bike.

Yes, it was unique.

That's why I'm asking you to join me in signing the Live Earth Pledge, which calls for a 90% cut in global warming pollution.
I'd be happy to sign a pledge if it would result in a 90% cut in the amount of exaggerated, twisted, and fabricated claims used by the global warming alarmists to fill the heads of the sheeple who are unable or unwilling to do their own research to see that they are being had.

The pledge is a simple way to show that the political will exists to take the bold steps necessary to end the climate crisis.
Global climate change is a natural process, and is primarily caused by solar radiation. Approximately every 100,000 years, the earth experiences an interglacial period, which appears to last roughly 15,000 to 20,000 years before returning back to an “ice age” period. Currently, we are at the 18,000 year mark of an interglacial period. Man's effect on global climate change is no different than a raindrop's effect on the ocean.

And if you want the real facts and truth behind global climate change - that does NOT come from some ex-politician's "entertainment" movie - visit here for many different credible articles and resources:

http://www.larryelder.com/globalwarming.html

Only reason Al Gore is involved in this is because he otherwise would be doing something involving saying "you want fries wit dat?" Idiotic moronic numbskulls. I really want to know what friggin caveman bought and drove the Escalade that ended the last ice age? Answer me that and maybe I'll sign your piece of paper that is good for nothing except wiping where the sun don't shine. And I'll use 3 ft of it. Not one sheet like that Crow broad thinks is ok. Bet she has a real air about her. Using only one sheet. Would not shake hands with her either. Take your bull crap retard petitions and post em on treehugginfreaks .com where they belong. Me I'd like the seas to rise. More places to dive.

skistowe:
Hi,

Do we use this unprecedented opportunity to organize a global movement that will last beyond the concerts themselves? Or do we let the moment pass?

The pledge is a simple way to show that the political will exists to take the bold steps necessary to end the climate crisis. But it will only be effective if millions of Americans speak out and add their voice.

http://algore.com/pledge

How much of a heavy, carbon footprint was generated by all those concerts? How many jets, trucks, etc. were used to ferrry politicos and rock-stars around? How much garbage was generated by the faithful?

Millions of "Americans" cannot negate the effect of billions of Chinese and Indians.

Sorry, I'll pass on the petition.

Ah yes, ignorance.
A REAL GLOBAL WARMING STORY
The Story of Two Houses"

House #1
A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas.

In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year.

The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400.

In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home.

This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area.

It's in the South.
~~~

House #2
Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide.

The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest.

A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water, usually 67 degrees F., heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer.

The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system.

Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern.

Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

~~~~~

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of the "environmentalist" Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford , Texas ; it is the residence of the of the President of the United States , George W. Bush.

An "inconvenient truth". ANOTHER TRUE STORY YOU WILL NOT SEE ON THE NEWS..all VERIFED DO A INTERNET SEARCH

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

bubba105:
Ah yes, ignorance.
A REAL GLOBAL WARMING STORY
The Story of Two Houses"

House #1
A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas.

In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year.

The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400.

In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home.

This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area.

It's in the South.
~~~

House #2
Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide.

The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest.

A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water, usually 67 degrees F., heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer.

The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system.

Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern.

Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house.

Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

~~~~~

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of the "environmentalist" Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford , Texas ; it is the residence of the of the President of the United States , George W. Bush.

An "inconvenient truth". ANOTHER TRUE STORY YOU WILL NOT SEE ON THE NEWS..all VERIFED DO A INTERNET SEARCH

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

Please dont let facts get in the way of a good story or the NY Times would be out of business

Back
Top Bottom