computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2o Man

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question.
If you had to choose between the nitek3 and the vytec which would be your computer of choice?

THANK YOU

i would prefer the suunto. I use the cobra and love it. Some say it's too conservative... but conservativeness seems like a good idea to me. I've had people ask me about DIY interfaces for the nitek and that doesn't seem to be an option for it, but you can find many sources of info on DIY interfaces for suuntos. That just depends on whether or not you want to use an interface and download info to your pc and also whether or not you mind paying a lot of money for one. If you get the nitek, you'll have to fork out the money for one, but if you get a suunto you have the option of making one yourself. I don't think you can go wrong with either computer though.

The Vytec is extremely conservative, but IMO a better computer. Depends on what style of diving you want to do as to which one would work better.
It's not that simple of a question.

Phil

hi guys

Right now i'm mostly doing wreck dives being that i'm from the northeast...but i definitely want to get into tec diving down the road and i know these computers will be able to follow my ventures.

THANX

I like the Suunto products, due to their design, ease of operation, etc.

The Suunto algo, RGBM, is more conservative on repetitive dives, but seems to me as superior in safety.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom