need suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dicgo

Reaction score
I am planning a 10 days diving trip early Feb. and have no ideas where to go yet. Does anyone know anywhere (in Indian ocean or Pacific) that are not affected by the 1998 and this year coral bleaching? Coral condition is my major concerns.

Thanks

dicgo once bubbled...
I am planning a 10 days diving trip early Feb. and have no ideas where to go yet. Does anyone know anywhere (in Indian ocean or Pacific) that are not affected by the 1998 and this year coral bleaching? Coral condition is my major concerns.

Thanks

In my experience, it's a tall order asking for an area in the tropical Pacific that wasn't affected by the last big El Nino. From personal observation, Palau and Fiji were hit; from what I've heard, PNG, Indonesia, and the Philippines weren't entirely spared, either. I've heard unpleasant news about the Maldives, too.

However, and again from personal observation, Crystal Divers in Fiji still manages to dive sites which were largely spared.

Another thought is the southern Red Sea around Yemen and Djibouti. Several years ago I dived in that area and was impressed with the high water temperatures (90F and higher) and the rich hard coral and almost incredible reef fish life.

Hey, you can't go wrong with Chuuk (Truk), if you like wrecks that is. The soft coral on most of the wrecks is pretty amazing too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom