Florida diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shortypots

Reaction score
Hi, new diver here, and only have a few dives under my belt. Hubby and I own a timeshare and have the possibility of trading into the following locations, and were wondering if they were any good in relation to shore or boat diving.

1) Ft Lauderdale
2) Miami
3) Palm Beach
4) Panama City

Appreciate the help.

I just returned from a few dives in Ft. Lauderdale and they were all very nice. While I haven't been to Panama City, I hope to get there...sounds like nice dives there, too. In the Miami area, you're so close to the Keys...that's great. I don't think you can go wrong whichever place you visit!!

I just did two weeks in Ft Lauderdale, there is some pretty good shore diving there, but I did boat dives. Plenty of SB members in the area who are willing to show you the ropes on shore diving though.

I have dove in Fort Lauderdale several times. It was excellent. Will be there this Wensday for some more good times

I have dove in Fort Lauderdale several times. It was excellent. Will be there this Wensday for some more good times

Shortypots:
Hi, new diver here, and only have a few dives under my belt. Hubby and I own a timeshare and have the possibility of trading into the following locations, and were wondering if they were any good in relation to shore or boat diving.

1) Ft Lauderdale
2) Miami
3) Palm Beach
4) Panama City

Appreciate the help.
All of the locations mentioned are good - Miami has a lot going for it because its close to the Keys, close to Ft Lauderdale, and has excellent wreck diving in its own right - if diving is the important factor, it will work for you -

BTW - Miami and the Keys are all about boat diving - some good shore diving available in Ft Lauderdale but the best spots in S FL are reached by boat.

Do a search for St Andrews Park, St Andrews Jetties, or PC Jetties. That will pull some good info for you as to the diving at the St Andrews Park Jetties in Panama City Beach.
I would highly recommend it !

I'll be the advocate for Palm Beach even though I live in Fort Lauderdale and learned to dive in Miami :)

Palm Beach is the perfect site for new divers since it has beautiful reefs and ledges in about 60' of water and is mostly done as drift dives (no to low effort diving).

That being said, you can stay in Fort Lauderdale and you'll only be 45 minutes from Miami or Palm Beach diving. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom