San Fran for my first dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

movieflick

Reaction score
I completed my OW cert a couple months ago and my first chance to get to the ocean will be on a biz trip to SF CA. Is this a poor place to dive for my first outing? If not, where would you recommend I go?

Ben_ca:
Go to Monterey... That's where the local SF Bay area guys go diving.

Is there a particular dive company anyone recommends I contact?

Chuck Tribolet:
Where did you get your open water cert?

I did it here in colorado at the underwater connection and did my open dive an blue hole UT

When are you going? I'll do some beach dives with you if you'll be there this weekend.

bolantej:
When are you going? I'll do some beach dives with you if you'll be there this weekend.
I thought it was going to be the first part of August but found out today it wont be until January. Is the bay diveable in January? Sorry if it seems like an odd question but we have snow and the temp is arounf zero here in January :11:

Absolutely!

movieflick:
I thought it was going to be the first part of August but found out today it wont be until January. Is the bay diveable in January? Sorry if it seems like an odd question but we have snow and the temp is arounf zero here in January :11:

Thanks for the info. I will check back in when the date is closer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom