Lake Tahoe 7/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

georoc01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 2 tank dive planned with Sierra Dive Center this Friday. If anyone would like to join us, please feel free to send me a pm.

Thanks..

Where are you diving at? I was planning on diving DL Bliss that day.

mtbrider:
Where are you diving at? I was planning on diving DL Bliss that day.

Haven't made any decision like that. I arranged the dives with a guide through the Sierra Dive Center and was going to let them choose the locations.

I ended up diving with a Dive Master named Amy Hagen. We went to a site called Sand Harbor. It is a nice beach entry. Great visibility, the light reflects off the bottom sand which allows you to see quite well.

The first dive was a wall dive, but by the time we hit teh third thermalcline, the temp had dropped to a cool 56 degrees. In my 7mm with vest and hood, it was chilly so we came back up and hugged the shoreline for the rest of the dive, We also did a shallow dive along the opposite shore of the cove.

The dive site is well mapped and beautiful. Not a whole lot to see, just great rock formations, crawdads and lost of small fish.

I think if I was to do it again, a dry suit is definitely in order.

Amy Hagen and the Sierra Dive Center were great though. Tank rentals I believe were $6.00 a day. I woudl certainly dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom