Should my husband buy this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bookboarder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband found an ad on Craigslist for some gear. I'll post the ad, but was wondering if you think that this is a good deal. Should we go ahead and get it or do you think we should just go for new gear? We think it sounds like a pretty good deal, and I've priced the equipment online and we can get it for about $1040 all new. Here is the ad....

Please let me know what you think... The price is $630.

1 Tusa BCJ-3850 BCD size Med. I am 5'9'' 175lbs and fits very comfortably. Large is way too big on me.

1 Mares V16 SCS Titan Proton XL Regulator with Mares rebel Octopus...Used only in pool excercises three times. Also Aeris analog gauges.

1 Oneill full 3mm wetsuit worn in pool excercise (twice). Like new.

Oceanic Veo 100 dive computer for your wrist

EZ Lock Titanium BCD Tanto blade knife. Never Used.

All equipment has been used in pool...Mint Condition. No time to dive so must get rid of...

selling price
$630

Sounds like decent gear at a good price. Just remember on Ebay - You pay your money, You take your chances. Remember to check the sellers feedback. Good Luck.

bookboarder:
My husband found an ad on Craigslist for some gear. I'll post the ad, but was wondering if you think that this is a good deal. Should we go ahead and get it or do you think we should just go for new gear? We think it sounds like a pretty good deal, and I've priced the equipment online and we can get it for about $1040 all new. Here is the ad....

1 Tusa BCJ-3850 BCD size Med. I am 5'9'' 175lbs and fits very comfortably. Large is way too big on me. BC looks good

1 Mares V16 SCS Titan Proton XL Regulator with Mares rebel Octopus...Used only in pool excercises three times. Also Aeris analog gauges.Get a HP seat retrofit on the V16 and you'll fine

1 Oneill full 3mm wetsuit worn in pool excercise (twice). Like new. If it suits your needs

Oceanic Veo 100 dive computer for your wrist good PDC for rec.diving

EZ Lock Titanium BCD Tanto blade knife. Never Used.Keeps the rust away :D

All equipment has been used in pool...Mint Condition. No time to dive so must get rid of... So they say,take a very good look

selling price
$630
sounds good

bookboarder:

1 Tusa BCJ-3850 BCD size Med. I am 5'9'' 175lbs and fits very comfortably. Large is way too big on me.

1 Mares V16 SCS Titan Proton XL Regulator with Mares rebel Octopus...Used only in pool excercises three times. Also Aeris analog gauges.

All equipment has been used in pool...Mint Condition. No time to dive so must get rid of...

selling price
$630

Not a bad deal, you could get new gear pretty close to that price as well
PM me if you want to know how

NitroxAZ:
Sounds like decent gear at a good price. Just remember on Ebay - You pay your money, You take your chances. Remember to check the sellers feedback. Good Luck.

Sound like it may be a good deal if the BC fits. This was not on Ebay..a place I never buy from, rather on Craigslist. A much much better alternative to Ebay IMO. It is basically a local online advertisement site where locals contact each other, meet at some location and trade in person. You get to see and touch the item and they get to see real cash.

bookboarder:

selling price
$630

Two of my friends who dive a lot have the Veo 100's and they work great. Easy to read and keep up with your dives.

I have worn out two ONeil 3mm's and have an O'Neil drysuit that I have had for over six years. If you're diving tropical it's all you need.

I also have a Mares V16 which is the older model than you're looking at and it has been on several hundred dives with no problem.

When you get geared up you and your husband come dive with us in Cozumel.

This is a steal! Especially if you consider buying life-supporting equipment (regulators) and computers from an authorized dealer, which is usually better in the long run, in terms of service and such. Keep in mind that some computer manufacturers refuse to service their stuff if the serial number does not match the original owner. No idea if this applies to Oceanic, though. I would go for the stuff, provided it fits. No good if the wetsuit or the BC don't fit right.

Looks like a bargain to me; plus you could always sell off the things you don't want, a la carte.

pteranodon:
Keep in mind that some computer manufacturers refuse to service their stuff if the serial number does not match the original owner.

Can you provide proof of this statement? I know many places won't give you free parts or service if you aren't the original owner, but I don't think any place would refuse service. Usually you can take the computer in to a shop and they'll send it in for service, I don't know if the comany ever knows who the computer belongs to, or cares, as long as they are getting paid.

JahJahwarrior:
Can you provide proof of this statement? I know many places won't give you free parts or service if you aren't the original owner, but I don't think any place would refuse service. Usually you can take the computer in to a shop and they'll send it in for service, I don't know if the comany ever knows who the computer belongs to, or cares, as long as they are getting paid.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure there is a very lucrative black market for stolen dive gear. But it's not illegal to sell your used stuff- and there's a lot of that going on. I'd be surprised if that were the case- but, if so, I think we'd all like to know about it!

Back
Top Bottom