opinions on the Zeagle Ranger bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have an opinion on the Zeagle Ranger LTD bcd?
Thanks, Spencer

Do a search on Zeagle and you will find your answer..a positive answer at that. :D

I have one and think it's a great BCD.

unless you are always diving cold water and maybe doubles - i'd say it too bulky for travel. i found the brigade was a much better option - gave me all the lift you would ever need with the 35 lb bladder and has all the heavy duty hardware of the ranger but it fits much easier in my bag. here's another thread where they are talking about the same thing http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=194274

Spencermm:
Anyone have an opinion on the Zeagle Ranger LTD bcd?
Thanks, Spencer

Pros: Rugged, good warranty
Cons: To bulky, weight system sucks, unusable pockets
I sold my Ranger LTD for a Dive Rite Transpac.

I dive the Zeagle Brigade, from Scuba Toys, which is the Ranger but with a lighter weight wing. Definitely very un-bulky. Packs easier than the Ranger. I love it. Any Zeagle BC can be fit to anybody, thanks to their modular pieces. Bombproof construction. I have no issues with the weight system; it's secure and weights stay in place. Pockets could be better. Zeagle stands behind their stuff, and their response time if you have any issues is rather amazing, at least has been for me.

I love my ranger, and it isn't THAT bad to travel with. and I have to disagree with Rico867 the wieght system in my opinion is the most secure and easiest to use of the integrateds, and the pockets are very usable.

From what I've read, may be overkill if you're not needing it for cold water diving.......I just got & love the Scout, but it's probably for 'warm water' diving....Do a search.........good luck........Joe.......

The only thing agrivating about the ripcord is re-threading it, but how often do you really need to do that :wink:

Back
Top Bottom