anyone use it's a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I will be in key largo in aug we are staying at the marriot she doesn't dive so i was gonna try and get 3-4 morning trips in The in house shop is it's a dive any comments?? thanks M@

I meant any ..I never said I could type

I have used itsadive twice. Nice people, no problems.
I prefer Horizon but that's just my .02

Lets see.. if your at Marriott, I would suggest taking a stroll across the parking lot, over by the African Queen and talk to Brent (KeyLargoBrent) with BlueOcean and dive with them.

I had great experiences with them, my friend just had a great first Key Largo Dive (certified) with them and for working with newer divers or to more experienced divers, they are spot on :)

The Marriott is at MM103.6, Brent is at MM100. You may want to drive instead of walk.

THe closest shops to the Marriott (other than It's A Dive) is Quiesence (next door) and Silent World (MM 103.2)

CBulla:
Lets see.. if your at Marriott, I would suggest taking a stroll across the parking lot, over by the African Queen and talk to Brent (KeyLargoBrent) with BlueOcean and dive with them.

Colin, you are thinking of the Holiday Inn. You can walk from there to BlueWater Divers. :)

We did our checkout dives with them. Good folks. Cattle boat usually full of snorklers, BUT they get the divers off first and back on last so never really noticed the snorklers. They also have a small fast boat if you want to do one of the wrecks. You can store your gear up above the dive shop.

If I was staying there I would probably dive with them. They have a multiple dive package that makes things better. In fact I believe if you were to get one of the 5 dive trip packages and did not use them all, you can exchange one of the dive trips for a wave runner ride or maybe a parasail ride (on site). Check out there site or give them a call. You can't get any money back for unused dives but can get a raincheck for the next visit. They may also have a 3 package deal.

If you want to use someone else, I suggest Silent World.

thanks for the info guys ,and girls i'm gonna check them all out i wanna keep it close so i can get back and spend as much topside time as i can with my wife
silent looks real good
I'm gonna google horizon ... as someone recomended them too

Been with I.A.D. several times. Only had snorkelers on once I believe. Their main boat is a Corinthian Cat., which means a slow but very smooth ride, and easy exit/entry.

The LDS I work at uses them for every OW class. They treat you great, they'll switch out gear for you after every dive. Never been on their 6-pack boat, but I've heard it's great as well.

Hope this helps. I really reccomend them...they really know how to take care of divers, and will pick great (read: non-crowded) sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom