great workshop...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just finished the second in this series, it was amazing... (Basic and Advanced DPV workshops)

They were a great experience! Well worth it and then some.

Lecture friday night covering gas, equipment, resource, buddy management in much
greater depth. Intensive dive planning necessary for the 'big dives' (wreck, cave or
line run). Basically learn what will get you home when all hell breaks loose and ****e hits the fan.

Dive day 1, 3k on the north line, multiple scooters, stages, simulated failures, etc... Dive Brief, More lecture.

Dive day 2, 6k attempt, north line, multiple scooters, stages, etc.. Dive
review, home to cogitate on what we learned...

Maintenance Day 1, going through a scooter top to bottom, annual
maintenance style, giving a working knowledge of how to do it yerself if you are far away from home and have a 'real' scooter problem (topside).

For those of you who really want to do line work, and/or do scooter runs past 3k, I recommend the advanced scooter workshop.

Will post a full write up later, but will say this... Before having taken it, I didn't really get what the big deal was (not the line runs, but the workshop itself)... After having
taken it, i'm leery to go past 3k with anyone who HASN'T taken it.

The beginning scooter workshop covers how to ride the scooter and not get yourself hurt. It is designed to improve your comfort level on the scooter...

This workshops focus was to get you home from a long (or not so long) dive. How to prevent problems of course, but how to deal with stuff after it happens. real life stuff... not contrived...
--------

this was posted on the 5th D site, thought peeps might be interested...

Starting Friday evening August 10th and continuing through the weekend, we'll be offering our next scooter workshop. All tow behind scooter owners ie. submersion,mako,x,dive rite, & gavin, are welcome to sign up.
The workshop will cover the proper techniques for riding,towcord position,tow leashes, OOA, dead scooter tows, runnaway, and all other critical scooter procedures. Space is limited..

Back
Top Bottom