Hatcher's Pass-Summit Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EMTPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On 7-17-07 me and a buddy went diving in Summit Lake in Hatcher's pass. The water was quite cold, 45-40F within the first ten feet, and a thermocline dropping to somewhere in the 30's below that. I wore my 9mm two-piece wetsuit, and was warm enough above the thermocline, but got pretty cold below that, particularly on the hands (no gloves) and around my mask. Above the thermocline, vis was pretty good for a lake-around 20 feet or so, but below that it dropped to about 5 feet because of some weird, briney, algeaish goo in the water. Also, below the thermocline there was clouds of little black waterbugs that looked like little dots swimming around. Above the thermocline in warmer water there were tons of litte shrimp critters about an inch long swimming and digging in the softer substrate. Most of the lake bottom was rock, with soft dusty mud that had settled in places.

Good dive.

Hey, how tall are you and whats your shoe size. I am selling a dry suit on Craigs list for $350 if your intrested. Im 5ft 9, and have #9 boots. Its a neopreme suit with no leaks and good seals. Zipper in excellent shape. Let me know if your intrested. A lot better than a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom