Devils Den

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think once at devil's den is enough for me
:)
did that one a couple months ago for the first time. there's a HUGE catfish in there

LiteHedded:
i think once at devil's den is enough for me
did that one a couple months ago for the first time. there's a HUGE catfish in there

2 notes on Devil's Den
#1-take the elevator, that gear gets heavy on the stairs
#2- A big catfish? As in 1? What part were you diving in? The parking lot?
The hole is full of submarines! Aggressive, diver eating, tank spinning on impact, hungry cuz we feed 'em too much, genetic experiment gone wrong behemoths!!!!

Next time I go, I'm taking parts of bodies I can't dispose of by shark... I mean
I'll bring fish food. :wink:
:confused: :D

If there's at least ten of us - we could do a night dive there..

DEEPSEAWOLF:
The hole is full of submarines! Aggressive, diver eating, tank spinning on impact, hungry cuz we feed 'em too much, genetic experiment gone wrong behemoths!!!!

When we went one of my students bought some fish food. We were the only divers there, the student released the food and not a single fish came to eat. She said, "I thought the fish were supposed to be aggressive feeders." Does that mean my students and I smell bad or something? Do giant catfish fear giant rabbits? Both times I've been there the catfish wouldn't come out of hiding when we were the only divers in the water.
Ber :lilbunny:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Try hotdogs.

Catfish says... "Hmm, tastes like fingers!"

I bet they would be interested in Howards earring. Kinda like the fish at Venice.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
2 notes on Devil's Den
#1-take the elevator, that gear gets heavy on the stairs

Next time I go, I'm taking parts of bodies I can't dispose of by shark... I mean
I'll bring fish food. :wink:
:confused: :D
i saw lots of cats
but only one that was big enough to eat me

I was there the weekend before the one that just passed. Was my first dive site(aside from their pool hehe). I wasn't terribly impressed by it.. it's just a large circular room that goes down 40' or so underwater. Visibility is poor..maybe 10-15' at most. We did see a catfish almost a meter long tho. hehe

Our instructor warned us that sometimes the catfish will come up and whack you with their tail but none of us experienced that.

I classified Devil's Den as a site that is cool to experience once, but once you've done it..there's nothing really else to see. ie....doesn't warrant a second trip back.

I am a little mad that I hear there is an elevator?? I didnt see one, nor did I see where there could be one? I'm guessing that must be a joke?

I tell ya tho...that staircase was pretty scary. Was bad enough it was the first time really moving around with full scuba gear on. The trek down wasn't so bad...except for the fear that the rickety (one diver at a time) staircase was wobbling back and forth like it was going to collapse any moment. The trek back UP the stairs was killer. Might as well have been an olympic marathon I was so out of breath and weak.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom