Gainesville Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barteee

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently living in the darn cold pacific NW but am going to be moving to the nice warm waters of Gainesville in a couple monthes. I was wondering if there is any good diving around gainesville or do most people go over to the coast? If so, which coast and where?

Thanks for your time

Eric

barteee:
Hello,

I'm currently living in the darn cold pacific NW but am going to be moving to the nice warm waters of Gainesville in a couple monthes. I was wondering if there is any good diving around gainesville or do most people go over to the coast? If so, which coast and where?

Thanks for your time

Eric

There's plenty of wet rocks to look at in the caves just to the north (High Springs and points northward).
Good ocean diving is under two hours away as well.

dude.....:popcorn:

Welcome.

You are moving to the cave diving capital of the entire earth. It can be a complicated and strenuous activity. There are springs and little caverns that any diver can do. If you want to advance further with it, you are where the best sites and most know-how resides.

If you prefer salt water, be prepared to do some driving. New Smyrna Beach may be the closest warm water dive boat location. You will get lots of advice on all of this.

Gainesville is in center of some of the best diving on the planet. And, heh-heh, the culture shock is going to be something...

Look me up when you get here, or call when you get the urge... to dive that is!
Ken 352 395 6536
There are a dozen divers to meet here that will show you the sites. If you will be here near the 13 of October, you need to come to the Oktoberfest Megadive at Ginnie. Look it up in search and you'll find a usual attendance for the weekend of 30+ people. Also a trebuchet or two and some serious antituber fun with waterballoons and a medieval siege team! Fun you DON'T want to miss! RELOAD!!!!!! RELOAD!!!!!!
As I'm reading this to Maneater, she says..." You need help love."
Yeah, but good psychiatrists are too expensive.

And of course , your right south of Cave Country !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you come to the Megadive in Oct , we'll show you around the clearest water you have ever seen ! (Truly)

And that isn't DEEPSEAWOLF's Rum Cup either.
Or Da Fools , Or Andy's , Or Jenny's etc ... :rofl3:

Da Jean of Bean

Yeah....

If your going to live in G'ville and have a little cash you really must get some cave training. People do come from around world to dive the caves that are going to be in your backyard.

The also have a couple of good sports teams in town, an occasional race, if you like cycling...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom