Monterey Traffic Alert - Laguna Seca Race

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This weekend is the Red Bull Grand Prix at Laguna Seca.....

Good luck getting around town...

If you have a boat booked for the weekend might want to leave early and watch out for the bikes on the road... there'll be a bunch of them...

Laguna Seca Parking Plan

mmmmmmm, I ordered my Ducati t-shirt---we will be there next year---and the Isle of Man, the mecca of racing. Should be a noisy weekend. Some people love the sound, others hate it.

IMG_9841.jpg

I'm dreading Sat night with all the crotch rockets and partiers..... Hopefully there won't be too much drunken bafoonery...

I would usually stay away from Monterey for things like this but I have a boat to catch... (also some motorcycle friends who I'll meet after a night dive on Sat)

Nope, not diving this week in the area this week.

Monterey Express is booked both Saturday and Sunday, nobody is captaining the Beach hopper 2, otherwise, whatever.

Thank you for the warning Ben.

catherine96821:
mmmmmmm, I ordered my Ducati t-shirt---we will be there next year---and the Isle of Man, the mecca of racing. Should be a noisy weekend. Some people love the sound, others hate it.

IMG_9841.jpg
The sound of THAT bike? Music to my ears! :14:

I'd like to say I'm glad I'll be missing the traffic, but watching the races sounds much more fun than Baton Rouge right now. :)

wdunne311:
I'd like to say I'm glad I'll be missing the traffic, but watching the races sounds much more fun than Baton Rouge right now. :)
wdunne311,

Welcome to :sblogo: and glad you found the NorCal group! :eyebrow:

B.

Hotel rooms are always so expensive on race weekends. I've got my tanks filled for the N Coast tomorrow and will get down to Monterey when things are a little quieter.

Traffic was an epic pain in the rear, but the diving in Carmel Bay was equally epic. Sunny , windless skies, nearly flat seas, clean blue water and 40-50 of vis was the order of the day on Saturday. Unbelievably good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom