Seen this thread yet!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

patches .... we don't need no stinking patches

:wink:

I'm not surprise if it has some D.I.R. a##hole trying to teach people how to be a drama queen scuba divers. This is why I left the NorCa forum here because those D.I.R. suddenly becoming experts and debating about wetsuits vs drysuit and then came insults and other things. I thought diving was supposed to be fun, not some sort of job.

When I was lifeguarding the boss like us to wear our patch jackets on cooler days...said it helped inspire confidence in the patrons. :D

As usual my opinion on the subject is...if you want to wear one then wear it, if you don't then don't. No judgment either way. :thumb:

I don't know if it was that thread or another one (possibly lost in the crash) that I read and posted in.

The only problem I have with patches is if the person sportin' them is a braggart. Otherwise, I think they're cool.

I would wear an ISOSAD (AND UGLY) patch if I had one and had something to put it on. I have no patches. I suppose I could sew a patch to my beanie but I'd run out of room pretty fast and my head would bobble.

I've always followed some sound advice from my instructor, don't dive with braggart divers. If your displaying patches and a loud know it all, I won't be diving with you. A quiet reserved diver with patches, no problem, let's dive!

I'm into stickers, plastered all over my laptop. Kinda like a modern steamer trunk!

Back
Top Bottom